Saturday, June 28, 2014

Venice :)

Our day trip to Venice started with a boat cruise over the lagoon. This was the first summer weather we have encountered so far in the trip. We switched out our sweaters and jeans for tanks and shorts. Unfortunately I got sunburned on the cruise over. 


We did a walking tour of Venice--nothing too special. We then walked around for awhile and did some shopping. The streets there are very confusing! One of my students had told me about a pasta place to go to, and it took us about 30 mins of being lost before we found it. I got Alfredo pasta; it was delicious! 


Around 5 we met back up with the group for a gondola ride. The man on our boat found it quite funny to tip the boat back and forth. I was not amused. Our group is so large that it looked like an army of gondolas rowing through the water. 



Laura and I tried to find a gluten free place to eat at for dinner. She ended up paying €19 for a plate of thinly cut ham as it was the only gluten free thing they offered. I ordered pizza :) 



We sat on the water front until our group left at 9. We enjoyed people watching. We saw several wannabe models and many unhappy gondola couples. Overall quite amusing. 


2 comments: