Saturday, June 21, 2014

Prague.Is.Beautiful.

So, Prague is definitely the most beatiful place we have been so far! I didn't even put that many pictures in here because my phone could in no way capture the scenary. 

We started today with another bike tour. Laura believes they set us up by letting us go on a nice, peaceful bike tour in Amsterdam, hoping we would all sign up for the one in Prague (which is exactly what happened.) HOWEVER, this was the worst part of my day.....

They separated us into 3 smaller groups. Our bike guide immediately starts peddling himself away, leaving the rest of us to peddle into huge intersections, around street corners, and through massive crowds of people...all without even glancing back once to make sure we are there. I didn't even have a chance to look around me because I could barely steer through the people and cobble stone roads. Then, after about 5 minutes of the ride, my bike chain keeps jerking. The bike guide eventually fixes it...then it only happens 3 more times. It wasn't embarrassing at all to continually stop the tour because I looked like I was on a bucking bronco...

This is how I felt halfway through the bike tour...

One of our stops was the John Lennon Wall. This is right by the Charles Bridge. One of my students had told me to make sure to check out the wall. Our guide brought a marker for us to write on it. There was a guy playing songs infront, but the wall basically contained lyrics, pictures, etc.


After the bike tour, we spent the rest of the day walking around Prague and taking in the scenery. I went back and visited the astronomical clock a few times, but you've already seen a picture of that. We walked down the Charles Bridge, which has painters and vendors on it. After doing some shopping, we went back to the hostel for awhile.  


We went out for a ghost tour of Prague later that night. Our guide for that was funny, but the tour itself wasn't that awesome. 


Bonus photo: 

Found these puppies. Each one opens up to the different Bonds. I didn't buy them however because they were 500 crowns. It was a pain to shop in the Czech Republic because we had to transfer our Euros over to Czech crowns. About 27 crowns equals 1 euro.

Our Contiki guide warned us not to mess with exchanging money with certain peeople/at certain places, but Laura and I walked up to one of the guys on our tour as he was finishing up what looked like a shady deal. We asked him what he was doing and he told us he exchanged money. He went through and told us basically EVERYTHING Matt had told us would be part of a scam. This guy was so sure that his deal had been legit though. The 3 of us go to eat dinner..and as he tries to pay...the waiter tells him that he can't accept Patrick's russian money. The man have given Patrick large Russian bills, but smaller Czech ones, so that he didn't notice. Bummer for him. The Russian money wasn't worth nearly as much. 





1 comment: