Saturday, March 23, 2013

Studying Abroad in England

Recently, I completed an application to study abroad in England. I was required to complete an application for NC State's abroad program, write four essays for the program offered through Surrey University, and interview for a scholarship that pays for most of the costs.

In my interview, I was told that over 40 people applied and they would only be able to take 20. I received an email yesterday informing me that I have not only been accepted to the program, but I have been awarded one of the scholarships! This means that I am only required to buy my plane ticket (and bring money for dinners, souvenirs, etc.)

The trip will be from July 19- August 3. I have to attend a few Saturday classes at NCSU before I leave because I will be receiving 3 hours graduate credit for the course. While there, I will be living in the dorms at Surrey University, attending classes, and participating in day excursions.

We will visit:

Highclere Castle (Downton Abbey)

Dicken's House

King's Cross (Platform 9 3/4)

and......Austen's Chawton Cottage

Amongst other excursions! We will have 6 days to explore London on our own. I will be traveling with other teachers from different grade levels in the surrounding counties.

4 comments:

  1. Make sure you check surrounding trash cans for buy one get one free coupons. BTW I also edited your blog post to get rid of those weird symbols before and after your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Informative post!!! To Study Abroad in UK presents a unique opportunity to experience life in this dynamic multicultural environment, where foreign students are predominantly attracted by the wide variety of historical, cultural and social activities that the city has on offer. Especially Study MBA in UK offers Amazing Choice of Courses,Quality Universities,Work Opportunities etc. Thanks for sharing this fabulous information...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ascoverseas.com offers expert consultation for university and course selection for high ranked foreign universities in UK, Study in uk, abroad study consultants

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great post on your blog, it really gives me an insight on this topic.
    dental study in bulgaria

    ReplyDelete