Sunday, March 24, 2013

New House Progress Report #5

We'll this was the week I've been waiting for, glad I wasn't out of town. It's ridiculous how much they accomplished. So no need for chit chat, let's get to the pictures. Be sure to read Rachel's post under this one if you haven't yet.


March 19, 2013 - It was drizzling on Monday, so I never went out to check on the progress. I guess I underestimated them because they definitely got started. This is what it looked like on Tuesday. The single window was still framed on the lower garage front, but we had successfully made contact to get it changed.


March 20, 2013 - 2nd floor started. Double windows on garage, check please. One of those things that probably would have bugged me forever if they hadn't been able to change it reasonably.


March 21, 2013 - 2nd floor finished.


March 21, 2013 - I was excited to finally get a chance to walk around inside the house. I got to the house right as the crew was leaving, so I still had an hour of daylight. I pretty much stayed until it got dark, just walking around all the rooms. This is the view of the kitchen/breakfast room area. 


March 21, 2013 - Here is the view of the main living room. This room and the kitchen are connected to make it a pretty open space.


March 21, 2013 - The side porch. Unfortunately the view won't be spectacular from this porch, unless the neighbor's driveway turns out to be a mosaic work of art lined with flowers and a large fountain. 


March 22, 2013 - It just keeps going up, and the weather was cooperating nicely. 


March 23, 2013 - Finally Saturday rolled around so I could actually get out there and watch some progress happen real-time. I stayed out there for over two hours and pretty much saw the dormer windows go from start to finish. The crew probably thought I was strange.


March 23, 2013 - As I was sitting there for 2 hours, I noticed a problem. The bottom window is in the wrong spot. In fact, I doubt there is enough space to get a shutter on the right side of it. I checked the plans and it's definitely supposed to line up with the top window. I notified the proper authorities, so it should get taken care of pretty quickly. 


March 23, 2013 - Working on the dormers and the porch roof. 


March 24, 2013 - It rained all day here, but I wanted to get out and take my ladder, so I could finally check out the upstairs (they haven't built the staircase yet). I also wanted to see where they finished up on Saturday. 


March 24, 2013 - Luckily they got all the tar paper up on the roof before it started raining. There still are a few puddles of water inside the house, but I'm guessing its not the first house that's been rained on during construction.


March 24, 2013 - Here it is. I think we move in Tuesday. 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out haha. I'll help you move in Tuesday. They are starting to build my guest house in the backyard Wednesday, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you got an extra $30k lying around, I'll make it happen.

      Delete
  2. You have very dedicated workmen, David. They get on with the work even with the drizzle. It might be a slight rain but it can still affect the grip of their shoes, especially on a high and sloping surface. On a lighter note, It's very nice that you have dormers! I would've wanted some for my house but skylights were the only we could squeeze in with the budget. All the same, good luck with this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s kinda dangerous to work on the roof while it drizzles since the slope can be so slippery. I’m glad that your workers managed to continue with their tasks even though the weather isn’t that good. Anyway, you’ve got a great roof, David and I hope you’re enjoying your stay in your house. :D

    -Kemberly Loyd-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! Everything was finished in a short span of 5 days! You were very lucky to find those dedicated workmen; the entire construction must have taken some more time if it weren't for their hard work. How's your stay in your new house, by the way?

    ReplyDelete