Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Day Seven: Delphi to Athens

Good news! I finally got my last sea urchin spine out!!! 

Today's adventures started out in Delphi. We  had a late leisurely breakfast before we headed down the street to the Temple of Apollo. This is where the oracle of Delphi gave his many ambiguous prophecies.. one being that of Oedipus. Our local guide went through the many prophecies and their interpretations. 




(Denise had me channel my inner Greek model haha)

After exploring the ruins, we boarded the bus and headed for Athens. We had a quick stop for lunch and this picture taking opportunity. 


We arrived in Athens around 5pm. I was amazed at how dirty and grey Athens looks! Interesting enough, the Acropolis sits in the center of the city, high on the hill, where it can be seen all around. As we entered the city, the sun seemed to shine only on the Parthenon. We laughed about how it seemed the Greek gods were still showing their favor. We had some free time at the hotel before dinner. 

After dinner, we walked about a mile to the city center. We got a sneak peak of the Acropolis and did some shopping. It's midnight here now and I'm off to bed! 


1 comment: