Saturday, June 27, 2015

Paris!

Paris has surely proved to be stressful! Sorry for the late blog. 

We arrived in Paris around 2pm on Friday. They started us at Notre Dame Cathedral. We did a quick walkthrough and then had some free time. Because my group was spending the majority of Saturday at Versailles, I wanted to take them over to the Arc de Triomphe and the Champs Élysées. Another group decided to follow us, which made navigating the metro a bit more stressful. At one point, one of our girls didn't make it on the metro, so I stayed behind with her (after getting shut in the metro doors). We were able to catch the next one and meet the group. 

We quickly took pictures at the Arc and then walked back over to Notre Dame. It was a 3 mile walk in the 90 degree weather. All completed in 60 minutes. Needless to say, there were lots of complaints. 

When we got to our meeting place, we saw a very serious model taking pictures with a pair of sun glasses, leaning on a wall beside the Seine River, with a smoldering expression. I couldn't quite capture the moment. 

After dinner, we went to Montmartre. We walked by the Moulin Rouge and up to the Sacré Coeur. The health data on my phone says we walked up 33 floors today. I'm pretty sure 32 of those were just getting up to Sacré Coeur. 

We made it back to the hotel about 10:30 to check in. I'm pretty sure I fell asleep before I even had my bag pushed through the door. 

1 comment: