Thursday, June 18, 2015

Amsterdam

We have arrived in Amsterdam with only a few hiccups along the way (a missing boarding pass, baggage left at security check point..). Other than that, we seemlessly navigated through all three airports. 

 
Once we arrived in Amsterdam, we realized our EF tour director was not waiting in the arrivals area for us. Luckily, I was able to email her and find her rather quickly. She had been told we would be at a different arrival gate. We waited for about 2 hours until the last group arrived. There is a group from Spokane, Washington; Springfield, Illinois; and Greensboro, North Carolina with us. 

After all groups had arrived, the bus dropped us off in the center of Amsterdam. We had free time for most of the afternoon. Since I told my girls that they would have no unchaperoned "free" time in Amsterdam, we walked through the city together. They were obsessed with the free cheese samples and photo opportunities that this shop (below) offered. 


We walked through the flower market. I figured mom would be proud--I took several flower pictures on my other camera. 


After free time, and 10+ gift shops (for some reason they didn't believe me when I said they all sell the same thing) we left for dinner. We ate at Dovers Dog for dinner--an Australian restuarant. We had chili served over rice...which means I had a couple of bites of rice and a granola bar. 

We have finally checked into our hotel and are exhausted. I have just finished my threatening "I'll fly you home tomorrow if you try anything" speech and am excited to be heading to bed. 

As always, please excuse any typos. I will always blame the lack of sleep :)

No comments:

Post a Comment