Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Rome, Day 9

I posted last night about day 9, but I had to post it over 3G and it failed and deleted it all... I just found out there is free wi-fi in the lobby so I'll try and remember what I wrote:

The travel agent sent someone to meet us in our Venice hotel lobby at 9 am. She walked us to a water taxi and took us all the way to the train platform. We boarded the train with no problems and began our 4 hr. journey to Rome. It was our first time traveling by train, and I really enjoyed it... traveling through the Italian countryside was nice.

We arrived in Rome and ran into a few hiccups. First, there was no one there to meet us... It was a little nerve-racking being in a crowded train station with no plan. After verifying we had no local transfer scheduled with the travel agent, we caught a cab to the hotel. I'm pretty sure we got ripped off with a scheme where I handed him a 20 and he did a quick turnaround and claimed I only handed him a five. At the time, I just laughed at my "mistake," but after thinking about it a while, I was pretty sure I handed him a twenty. I'll point at the number next time.

It was 3:30 by the time we got checked in, so we had time to kill before looking for dinner. We decided to walk to the Colosseum as it was the closest thing we knew within walking distance... It was pretty impressive. We didn't go inside because we had a tour planned the next day.


We ate at a restaurant recommended by the concierge and it was great. I had linguine with lobster and red sauce and Lindsay had some spicy pasta dish. They were great and the staff was super nice.

Look for blog post day 10 within a couple of hours... It'll have some good pics.

Location:Via Goito,Rome,Italy

2 comments:

  1. we watched an old movie last night called three coins and a fountain---it took place in Rome with a side trip to Venice--so we were vicariously traveling with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad ya'll are having a great time. We're enjoying it too, constantly asking each other, "anything new on the blog yet?"

    ReplyDelete