Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Germany, Day zwei

Well unfortunately I didn't get a full night's sleep even though I was up for >24 hrs yesterday. I woke up around 2 am and didnt fall back asleep until 6 or so.

I got up at 8 and met Rob downstairs for breakfast. It was a pretty standard continental breakfast with the exception of raw bacon and some cold deli meats. I had some pineapple, oj, and scrambled eggs.

We arrived at Concept Laser for our training at 9. There were 4 others also in our training session and the language barrier got worse. Two of the guys were from Spain, and had a hard time with English. One guy was from Germany and he and the trainer would randomly start talking together about certain training points in German. Luckily, the last guy was from England, and I was sitting next to him. We had some good conversations throughout the day... He was a golfer and pianist. He reminded me of Veruca Salt's dad.

For lunch we had pizza, and having a german translater helped out in the ordering process. I got pepperoni and mushroom and it was OK. On a side note, most of the water around here is carbonated... Weird.

It was in the 50s and sunny today so after training, me and Rob walked around town and took some pictures. We both had the big bulky cameras around our necks looking like tourists. I had to remember to snap two shots, one with my iphone, so I could post them to the blog. We stopped in a store to buy soap, because it doesn't seem to be complimentary.

Our sales rep, Andreas, took me Rob and the british guy, Colin, out to dinner in Bamberg (30 km south). We went to this Italian restaurant located in a castle. It was pretty spectacular. I snapped a pic, but its kind of dark, and doesn't do it justice. The place was on top of a hill and overlooked the city. It was the VIP treatment for sure... I just got some basic spaghetti, but had some good grilled scallops for an appetizer and vanilla gelato with rasberrys for dessert. Or as Tom Haverford would say, Apps and Zerts...

Now we are back and its 10:30. I should be able to get a full nights sleep tonight.




Our hotel




Lichtenfels




What I think of when I think German architecture...




More of the quaint town of Lichtenfels




Part of the building/castle our restaurant was a part of with full moon backdrop.

P.S. remember to click the pictures to make them bigger and clearer.

Location:Bamberger Straße,Lichtenfels,Germany

2 comments:

  1. Nice photos. The town reminds me of the one I stayed in years ago, everything close together and all street and sidewalk. Jon and Nana are also enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe everyone speaks Tom Haverford...so, next time just tell them you want some chickie chickie parm parm or a sandoozle. Or you might just drop 10 lbs while you are there. Looks like a lot of fun though. What a great trip it's going to be! :)

    ReplyDelete