Saturday, June 24, 2017

Australia, Day 8

This morning we left for a short city tour which ended at Bondi beach. We all opted to do the 90 minute surf lesson. How cool to learn to surf at a world renown beach! 



David and Joe were pros. They both got several good waves in. I, on the other hand, got an A for effort :) I could stand up on the board.....for about 2 seconds before I would fall backwards! By the time I got a hang of it, I was too tired to get my feet up on the board anymore. My surf instructor told me I'd sleep good tonight after all that work!



After our surf lesson, Joe and I immediately headed over to the Sydney Bridge Climb. This was an activity Joe had heard about and really wanted to do. We had to wear special jump suits with belts that had all kinds of utility items hooked to it. They didn't allow us to take anything, including cameras, up with us. 



Climbing wasn't as nerve wracking as I would of thought. We climbed the bottom of the bridge, right above all the cars, before climbing the top arch. We did get to go all the way to the peak and take photos! We missed sunset by about 20 minutes. 


After climbing, we had a 40 minute walk back to Darling Harbor to meet up with Dave. He had been on a harbor cruise while we were climbing. We ate at a steakhouse in the harbor. Joe got seared kangaroo and we all tried a little of it! (It wasn't too bad, but I'll stick to steak haha)


But the time we got back to our hotel, I thought my legs were going to fall off! But that won't stop me from getting up for an early walk to the park by the opera house!


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun but exhausting day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Surfing, bridge-climbing, and kangaroo steak, all in one day. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete