Sunday, June 18, 2017

Australia, Day 2

Because we weren't quite recovered from our time zone jumping, we all woke up today around 4:30-5 AM. Luckily, today was primarily spent traveling from the Sunshine Coast to Fraser Island. 

We ate one of the best EF breakfasts I've ever experienced (they told us not to get use to that treatment!) We loaded the bus around 8 and began our 6 hour travel to Fraser. 


I told David and Joe one of my travel tips--always try and sit in the front of the bus! The best views can be seen through the front windows. It was definitely worth it today as we drove down the Gold Coast. We had great views of the beaches and the surfers taking advantage of the sunny weather. David said it was very similar to driving down the California coat. About 2 hours into the trip, we stopped in Noosa to explore the beautiful beaches there! 

We walked down their boardwalk for awhile before we decided to head out onto the beach. The sand was some of the softest sand I'd ever walked on; it felt like you were walking on powdered sugar! One of the things I thought was interesting and different was the number of activities happening in the water. People were paddle boarding, swimming laps, surfing, rowing, etc. 

David and I practiced our amateur photography skills since we did not have time to participate in any of the water sports.   We met a lovely lady who was telling us all kinds of travel tips about the area. After we finished talking, I told David and Joe that she reminded me of----and they said "Beverly!" before I even finished the sentence! So Beverly, we have met your Australian twin! 


By the time we left the Gold Coast, all you could hear were students talking about how they wanted to move there. We continued on our trip and stopped for lunch at Hungry Jacks, the Australian version of Burger King. I had a mango Fango frozen drink that was delicious. 

Around 3, we arrived at the ferry that was going to take us to the island. It was a 45 minute ride over. They explained that this hotel was going to be like a campsite...so my expectations were low. However, we got here and I would say we were actually at a resort! I could spend a whole week at this place! My room is huge with a jacuzzi for a bathtub. There is a hot tub, a heated pool, and a regular pool. You can canoe, kayak, and paddle board. They have park ranger tours that run all day. I'm excited for our tour of the island tomorrow! 

We had a Mexican food buffet for dinner. We are currently blogging as we wait for the army of teens to exit the hot tubs...not looking good for us though. I guess we might have to try again tomorrow night!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome time. Wish we were there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start to a hopefully great vacation!

    ReplyDelete