Sunday, January 18, 2015

Madrid: Dia Numbera Dos

Today had a rocky start due to a lack of sleep last night--my roommate and I didn't know how to turn on the heat in our room, so we froze all night. Apparently, Madrid is the same latitude as Ohio, Michigan, etc..so they experience quite cold winters. I did not do enough weather research before coming. Tomorrow they are expecting sleet and snow. 

We started today with a bus tour of Madrid. I got to hang out with Don Quixote. 

 
Then we visited the Royal Palace of Madrid. The royal family does not live here, but in a smaller palace in order to be more common. The previous king abdicated recently--to everyone's surprise. 

  
After the palace, we drove about an hour to the ancient city of Toledo. 


We visited a cathedral, church, and synagogue. The cathedral had amazing decor. 


I tried marzipan here. I didn't love it, but it wasn't terrible. We saw a sword making demo station. 

 
And almost bought Sting. 

 
We had the evening to ourselves and so we ate a dinner of churros and chocolate. We then walked it off when we went to find this temple--a gift from the Egyptians. 


We just concluded our evening. Amy, Scott and I successfully navigated ourselves back across Madrid. We were proud. 


1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures! Can't wait to hear all about your trip.

    ReplyDelete