Saturday, May 11, 2013

New House Progress Report #8

Hello all, I'll be in Germany next week, so I thought I'd provide an update before I left. Good news, our current house sold in 8 days. We are under contract, so I guess it's not officially sold, but everything seems promising. We had ~25 showings during that time, which helped our confidence that it would sell. So currently we will be closing on the sale of our current house June 17, and our new house will be ready June 27, so we will be homeless for a few days. Maybe they will let us move some stuff in early? We'll see...

Not much has happened since last time. It rained a lot over the last 2 weeks, which slowed down the dry time for the drywall mud. They had to wait a good week before they could get in and sand the walls. Just a few days ago they installed the hardwood floors and just yesterday I noticed they delivered the stone. Next week, they should install cabinets, and probably install the stone siding, so I'm bummed I'll be missing that. I won't be taking the camera to Germany this time, so hopefully Lindsay will make it out there once or twice and take some pictures for us.


May 10, 2013 - Here is a lovely symmetrical view of our family room.


May 10, 2013 - Living Room, Foyer, and Dining Room.


May 10, 2013 - We had our trim walkthough where we walked through all the rooms and discussed details about any of the built-ins and finish details. Here is some proof that we are building a custom home. There are drawings all over the walls with custom details about the closets, stairs, beams, and bookshelves. These are our "lockers" coming in from the garage for dropping off shoes, coats, book bags...


May 10, 2013 - Stone has arrived. Hopefully it looks good on the house. We are doing the visible mortar joints, so hopefully it looks like the house in the picture above mom and dad's fireplace!


May 10, 2013 - Nothing new on the outside, but it was a nicer day than last time. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for update. Congrats on selling house so quick. Have a good trip Love, Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really awesome man. I love the porch.

    I want to see some pictures of my room next time. :)

    ReplyDelete