Sunday, April 3, 2011



Well I'm here in Miami. The conference seems to be going well so far. There are a lot of the same people here that were in Daytona, and most of them at least recognize me. Unfortunately, I still feel a little out of the "club." Most of these people have known each other for 10+ years, and it's hard to break into one of those conversations. The food has been great as usual... For breakfast we had some egg dish and different fruits, for 10 am snack we had some pastries, for lunch we had pork tenderloin with rice and green beans and cheesecake for dessert, for 2 pm snack we had brownies, and for dinner we had ribs, baked chicken, roasted potatoes and a few other options. I'm not sure if i'll be able to make it to the beach, because I think you have to take a taxi. It would be nice to get out and see some sights... being in the hotel all day doesn't give you the sense that you are even traveling. We are in walking distance from the basketball arena and the Heat are playing wednesday night. Tickets are as low as 10 bucks, and there is nothing on the schedule for Wed. night so I might try and go.

1 comment:

  1. The food sounds delicious--I had leftover rice for lunch and leftover chicken noodle soup for supper. Mom

    Try wearing your "I'm a woodworker" t-shirt. Dad

    ReplyDelete