Thursday, April 7, 2011

Back home

Well, I made it back to Raleigh, and it's nice to be home. Here are some final pics from the trip. On Wednesday night after the sessions were done, me, Rob and 2 guys from a company called Huntsman went to the beach. We walked to the Apple Store, because me and Rob both wanted to get an iPad 2. Unfortunately they were out. Then we walked out on the beach just so we could say we did, and then walked to eat at this place called Joe's Stone Crabs. I'd never had a stone crab before, so I got the grilled mahi mahi. Rob let me try some crab, it was good, but I'm glad I didn't order it. After we got back, I saw the Goodyear blimp circling the basketball stadium and was inspired to go to the game. Tickets were still available and pretty cheap for the upper level, and the view wasn't too bad. Miami lost, so that was kinda a bummer. We were done today around 12:30 and our flight wasn't until 4:30 so it was a pretty long boring day at the airport. The session that I spoke at two years ago, I spoke at again this year, but provided more information. The guy running the session said I should run it next year, and Rob asked me if I wanted to, so I might be going back next year. I definitely felt like I made more meaningful connections this year apart from being Rob's shadow, so I hope I get the chance next year as well. I think it's going to be in Anaheim.

2 comments:

  1. We loved hearing about the trip and seeing that fine furniture on the boat.
    Tonya, Meagan and Shelby got here around 3:30 this afternoon. See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the highlight of my lame, boring week was reading about your exciting week in Miami.

    ReplyDelete