Friday, July 26, 2013

Iconic London: Day Two

We woke up early in order to see as much as possible today! Kensington Palace, home to Will, Kate, and Baby George Alexander Louis, was first on the agenda. The grounds were beautiful, but it was quite cloudy out today. 




Below, is the sunken garden at the palace. 


They had four tours: The Queen's Quarters, the King's Quarters, Revealing Victoria, and Modern Royal Fashion. The fashion area had this display case of some of Diana's dresses. They also had rooms for HM the Queen and Princess Margaret. I didn't realize what a fashionista Margaret was!


The wallpaper below are all drawings of famous pictures of Diana. 


We then traveled over to Westminster Abbey. We didn't take the tour because we were in a hurry.


 The Big Ben pictures are below: 


We had booked tickets to see the 2:00 showing of Macbeth at the Globe Theatre. A few minutes into the show, I made a comment to Laura about how Banquo's voice sounded a lot like Pippin from Lord of the Rings. She, not being a nerdy LOTR fan like me, shrugged off the comment. A couple minutes later, after staring through the large, graying beard, I was convinced it was none other than Billy Boyd playing the role of Banquo! I couldn't believe my luck. Now, if you know anything about the Globe, it is not a big theatre. Therefore, he brushed past us several times when entering the stage through the crowd. I had to keep myself from grabbing his arm and yelling out "Pippin!!!"



After the show, we saw him walking down the pier with none other than......Merry!!! I didn't think my London experience could get any better. As you can see, we did a bit of stalking and he walked out right behind us to answer a phone call.


I decided there was no way that I could pass up the opportunity for this photo op! Though Billy seemed a little preoccupied, Dominic was more than willing to take the photo. The sun wasn't very helpful, but I will still cherish this moment. I did ask Dom how he felt about the ending of LOST; he claimed he never saw it. I called him out on his lie, but he just smiled and went on his "merry" way :)


3 comments:

  1. Crazy!!! Did you give David's music a plug?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just when I think you can't top your last post......there you go again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward each day to your blog and enjoying it all.

    ReplyDelete