Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Side Tables pt. II

First picture is an up-close detail of the half-blind dovetails used on the drawer fronts. I used my handy dovetail jig and router to make these. It still took me a full day just to make these drawers, but it would have taken me a lot longer with just a hammer and chisel, and it wouldn't look as good. Second is after staining. I tried a new technique where I stained all of the pieces, and then assembled them together. I was hoping this would make it easier, but it didn't really help. Most woodworkers assemble first, and then finish. Third pic is during assembly. It took lots of clamps to hold this table together during glue-up. I bought a few more, but still didn't have enough to do both tables at the same time. Last pictures are self-explanatory.





No comments:

Post a Comment